Kenworth 2006 T800 Kenworth

TonkaTuff

I have just purchased a 2006 T800 Kenworth and the steering wheel will not tilt. I have been trying to find a diagram with part numbers or even the schematic for the steering column parts and components and haven't been able to find anything as of yet. Any and all help would be great! I am mostly looking possibly for the part numbers for the bushings within the steering shaft hoping that is the problem.

My husband and mechanic have looked at it and they said that the cable was fine. They need to replace the bushings. Our local Kenworth parts shop hasn't gotten back to us yet on any part numbers.

My husband and mechanic have looked at it and they said that the cable was fine. They need to replace the bushings. Our local Kenworth parts shop hasn't gotten back to us yet on any part numbers.
I believe Pushbroom was going to supply the part numbers had you given him the last 6 numbers of your VIN.

Last 6 of the s/n

Most likely the cable is stretched from the footpedal to the tilt mechanism. I think there is some adjustment at the bottom of the cable?
what he s saying. the cable stretches over time. the is an adjustment at one end of cable. but some times the cable is stretched more that there is adjustment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread