100,000 cans of Moosehead beer stolen

Cybergal

More than 100,000 cans of Moosehead beer stolen from Ont. trucking facility

9/19/07
MISSISSAUGA, Ont. - Drinkers of Moosehead beer in Ontario are being advised to stock up on their favourite brew after thieves made off with more than 100,000 cans and bottles.
Two tractor-trailers carrying 70,000 cans and 44,000 bottles of Moosehead Lager were stolen early Wednesday morning at a transport company's facility in Mississauga, Ont.
The beer company says the retail value of the load is $200,000.
"Moosehead drinkers in Ontario would be wise to stock up today," company spokesman Joel Levesque said in a release.
"We expect it may take until early next week to replenish the stolen beer."
This is the second time in three years that Moosehead has been hit with a major beer heist.
In August 2004, a truck containing 50,000 cans of Moosehead Lager bound for Mexico was stolen.
Only 14,000 of the cans were ever found.
"We can't believe that of all the beer available in Canada that Moosehead would be targeted again," Levesque said.
canadianpress

I rarely drink beer, but I love to cook with it. Stew beef braised in a dark beer. Humm... If we ever have a truckers forum cookout, I will make you kind people some delightful stew.

It is amazing how people can steal something so big, and get away with it.

I just happen to stumble on across this thread... anyway. Moose it is amazing aint it? It would be great to have $200k in Moosehead beer around when your nick name IS MOOSE!! Your Moose, you have your class A, ummmm?
:headscratch2:
Do you have any left?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread