Leg Problems

hurgoll

I also do work as a massage therapist, I see so many drivers with leg problems and circulation problems related to PAD.

Have you ever thought of getting a massage to relieve your leg pains?

I find that eating bananas prevents cramps, it is the potassium. Try it out and see if it helps.

Eating a well balanced diet would help....as would be taking more frequent breaks and walking for a few minutes.

The way the blood flow works is that unlike what most people think the heart doesn't push the blood completely around the body. Blood and limbic fluids in the leg return to the trunk of the body due to mostly muscle contractions and one way valves in the veins. Thus a driver who sits for long periods with a bent leg shuts off this system.

Accer is right on in the fact that you must take more breaks and get out and walk more often. You may not get cramps or any other signs, but you MUST take care of your body or you won't be trucking in a healthy body for long.

When my husband is driving he complains of leg aches all the time. I usually massage them for him but I bet it isn't as good as if a professional was doing it.

I have found that stretching does help a lot when being stuck in the same position for long periods of time.

Hubby found out how right I was when I was riding with him. He wouldn't let me go in anyplace alone because he was concerned for my safety.....he walked a LOT more than normal and his legs felt much better. Now he walks more often.

Sitting for hours at a desk don't help your legs either.

I find that my legs get a tight feeling and start to swell after to many hours of sitting in one position.

Iam not a heavy person at all and have been a runner for years. Just here recently had to stop doing so much running because of the pounding on my knees.

YOU are correct about massage being done on the legs...this does help with circulation and gets the blood flowing and helps the muscles to stay intact and not turn into fat.

Only problem I have with my legs is my knees. Years of abuse and neglect have led to two bad MCL's. Now that I am back to driving again, my knees will pop after they have been in one place for a long period of time, so I have to make a point of moving them around periodically while driving.

Stretching has become even more important to me now, because if I don't do it everyday, my knees kill me. Need surgery on both, but don't want to do it. :)

Only problem I have with my legs is my knees. Years of abuse and neglect have led to two bad MCL's. Now that I am back to driving again, my knees will pop after they have been in one place for a long period of time, so I have to make a point of moving them around periodically while driving.

Stretching has become even more important to me now, because if I don't do it everyday, my knees kill me. Need surgery on both, but don't want to do it. :)

TOTALLY can understand the knee thing...
Iam taking that Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate in the hopes that it helps in some way.

I haven't seen any improvement at all after taking it for a couple of years..lol..but Iam still hopeful.

Had knee surgery already on one knee..which didn't help much and I know when my older years get here...Iam probably in line for two knee replacements...sigh
I like you am not going to go any further if I don't have too....I almost died when they did my last surgery...the anesthesia about killed me..ended up in ICU...that will make you shy away real quick from anything else being done....:eek:

I also do work as a massage therapist, I see so many drivers with leg problems and circulation problems related to PAD.

Have you ever thought of getting a massage to relieve your leg pains?

yes but the problem is where? i have only seen a handful of massage places at truckstops and they looked kinda seedy.

hey dudes and deeds, im havin problems with my knees, mostly in my right one but sometimes its also my left one. well i like sittin wit my seat lowered to the floor so after about 2 hours my right knee starts hurting like someone just shot a nail through it, till i raise my seat for about 5 minutes, then its all good, no pain for an hour or so.
i dont know why i should be havin this because im young. any idea why? and dont tell me its me surviving on cigerrets and energy drinks :D

I have a torn acl in my right knee and a torn manicus in my left knee. I suffered with water on the knee and chronic pain. My doctor told me to take off the weight and walk daily. He was right! I took off 45 lbs. Walk every day for one hour. My knee pain not only disappered, I also lowered my BP to the point I do not need meds to control it. I fell great with plenty of energy! Diet and exercices are huge for a long healthy life.

ive lost a lot of weight the last year and i know i can loose some more but not too much more. ill have to go see a doc about it i think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread