Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

I got a little adapter for mini sd cards from Office Depot/Max to save dash cam video to my phone
10-4.

My deal is my laptop keeps crashing when I try to merge the short clips together. I might have to do the rigamarole of transferring to the phone and using it to combine them.

Drop and hook is way overrated. Most of my stops are done almost as fast as a drop and hook. Not all, but most.
I was surprised when I got back into hauling vans at two things.

1- how much industry in Chicago has in fact moved out to the suburbs.

2- how fast loading and unloading goes now.

I always chalked #2 up to being in a private fleet.

I was surprised when I got back into hauling vans at two things.

1- how much industry in Chicago has in fact moved out to the suburbs.

2- how fast loading and unloading goes now.

I always chalked #2 up to being in a private fleet.
39 minutes at the live unload today. I was halfway back to the rail before my appointment time started.

Just something to think about
I know what you're saying brother. It basically depends how deep I am and how much money is accessible. It seems to be a solid truck and pulls like a bull but when SHTF I'm not entirely sure what I'll do.

I won't abandon it. I like this thing but whether it gets rebuilt right away or I just park it until I have myself a shop to DIY remains to be seen.

Short shorts had a 30k rebuild on her hands and if I'm facing that, I'd probably park it. Cummins said 15k for a basic inframe though and my dad knows people who know Cummins. So there's some options.

I could do it on my own if I had an indoors space and time to learn. But I'd have to have something else to run in the meantime.

I have excellent credit to finance a truck if I really need to. I just don't want to. That's my backup plan. I'd gain a nicer truck but I'd probably have to run more to pay for it and I'm allergic to that.

To me at least, jalopy+light work > nice truck+hard work.

Oh and there's always that cheap tag axle nobody wants.

I know what you're saying brother. It basically depends how deep I am and how much money is accessible. It seems to be a solid truck and pulls like a bull but when SHTF I'm not entirely sure what I'll do.

I won't abandon it. I like this thing but whether it gets rebuilt right away or I just park it until I have myself a shop to DIY remains to be seen.

Short shorts had a 30k rebuild on her hands and if I'm facing that, I'd probably park it. Cummins said 15k for a basic inframe though and my dad knows people who know Cummins. So there's some options.

I could do it on my own if I had an indoors space and time to learn. But I'd have to have something else to run in the meantime.
That @OldskoolironNwv knows them old Cummins real good.
I have excellent credit to finance a truck if I really need to. I just don't want to. That's my backup plan. I'd gain a nicer truck but I'd probably have to run more to pay for it and I'm allergic to that.

To me at least, jalopy+light work > nice truck+hard work.

Oh and there's always that cheap tag axle nobody wants.
Debt is a good thing to be allergic to.

The borrower is slave to the lender.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread