Best App for checking if scales are open

Fast Freddy

What app(s) are best on IPhone for checking if weight stations are open/ DOT inspections actively occurring?

It’s not like the old days where you would grab the CB and say hey southbound was the scale house open when you passed it. My truck doesn’t even have a cb.

But wondering if there are any good apps for that? Or if anyone here uses an app that they report such things to help out their fellow drivers.

Scale status is free. Lots of the app used to be free, but it’s migrating more and more toward a pay service for most things.

Scale status is free. Lots of the app used to be free, but it’s migrating more and more toward a pay service for most things.

I used trucker path quite a bit, But I put a lot more faith in private Facebook groups for certain areas. Trucker path is anonymous. Some people seem to think its funny to flip open or closed in the wrong.

I downloaded truckers path. It was accurate that the scale I had to pass was indeed closed. Good to know some intentionally put in bad info, they deserve to tarred and feathered.

I don't seem to go much over 70 miles in any given direction and the CB seems to be good enough for the one I deal with most, the SB of which happens to be visible from my house with binoculars because its on-ramp is the same as my exit off-ramp.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread