Worst load

hurgoll

What's the worst load you pulled? My buddy said his was some superlong bridge beams. You had to go really slow and watch pot holes and stuff. He said if the beams start bouncing you have to stop and let them settle down.

Well, needless to say right when he finally got to the worksite they had started bouncing and flexing and broke. He said it cost hundreds of thousands for dollars in lost work time and cost of beams and overtime to catch up delay time and he was fired. They said he was going too fast. Can you imagine 7 mph as too fast?

Everyone needs to blame someone.
I think construction materials make the best loads but when there are problems thet are big problems.

BullWinkle.. that's why my husband quit Werner.. No lumpers were available EVER.. They always had an excuse as to why they couldn't/wouldn't get one.. I think the worst load he ever had was every load when he was logging LOL well, just when it rained. He would get stuck easily and then drug out by a skidder.. Lots of times he had to be pulled up the hills to the loading area just to get the logs!

We were once stuck someplace out in the literal middle of nowhere while they loaded us....for 27 hours! They wouldn't let us drop the trailer and come back for it. The only food was what we had with us.

They were, and I'm not kidding, loading wooden doors AS THEY MADE THEM!

We were once stuck someplace out in the literal middle of nowhere while they loaded us....for 27 hours! They wouldn't let us drop the trailer and come back for it. The only food was what we had with us.

That is crazy, so many places act like they own you when you are there. Sometimes you just have to say when you buy this truck off of me you can say where it goes, till then I do. BUt then they call and try to get you banned. Who cares though, only about a zillion and one places need trucks.

The worst load I ever hauled was a flatbed/tarp load of Carbon. The Carbon was in these big, woven black bags. There were 20 bags total and they were double stacked. I had to get on top of the load to cover it with a tarp. After it was all said and done, I was totally covered in black carbon dust.

About 50 miles into a 400 mile trip I noticed that one of the back stacks was leaning terribly. I stopped in a rest area and discovered that there was a forklift puncture in the bottom of the lower bag causing the carbon to leak out. The bag was almost flat. I had to wait for a boom truck to come out there so we could get the bag off my trailer and rearrange the load for transit. That day Sucked to say the least.

The worst load I ever hauled was a flatbed/tarp load of Carbon. The Carbon was in these big, woven black bags. There were 20 bags total and they were double stacked. I had to get on top of the load to cover it with a tarp. After it was all said and done, I was totally covered in black carbon dust.

About 50 miles into a 400 mile trip I noticed that one of the back stacks was leaning terribly. I stopped in a rest area and discovered that there was a forklift puncture in the bottom of the lower bag causing the carbon to leak out. The bag was almost flat. I had to wait for a boom truck to come out there so we could get the bag off my trailer and rearrange the load for transit. That day Sucked to say the least.

I have to agree...hauled a van load of carbon black back to the shipper (why the people didn't want it I don't know) but the inside of my trailer was no longer oak color. I swept, used sweeping compound, water, parts cleaner (by the gallon) nothing would take it out, and my next load was wood cabinets. Ended up at truck wash for washout, cost almost double a normal washout because of all the extra time it took them with pressurewashers and whatever chemicals they have to clean with.

ever haul live chickens?

I use to haul live chickens from the farm to the plant. I never knew chickens have figured out how to work as a team, but one will watch, while the other turns around and poooooooop. Then they switch places. Makes me glad i don't haul cows.:eek:

There is no way I would have done that. No way at all.

Chicken II

One of our other drivers had it worse. You lock down the cages with a long rod with a hook on one end, and springs and a chain on the other. You hook a chain binder on the trailer and hook it to the rod. When the driver looked up to hook the rod on the top cage, splat right in the face, when he looked down to try to clean himself, splat, all over his back. I don't think I have ever seen a driver do such a funky chicken dance in my life.:cool:

Oh HELLLLLLLLLLL no! I would have dropped the trailer and told them to "make" you hook back to it. If they were loading the doors as they made them, then they REALLY needed your trailer. I would have told them to kiss my grits, dropped my trailer and gave them my cell phone number to call me when it was ready, or I would have refused to haul their load.

It was the first and last time his company works for them. After we reported back, they tried to make other arrangements for other drivers and the company wouldn't budge. So now they have to use another trucking company.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread