New tires cost?

cassiem0221

What would it cost to put new tires on both the tractor and a trailer? Just a rough estimate of some good tires. I don't really have a reason for wanting to know other than I just think it would be expensive! I complain when we have to buy 4 tires! I can only imagine when my husband gets his truck..

well, the front two are around $500 each. the others aren't as expensive, but you'll have 16 of them!
If I remember right, the TAs advertise replacing all 10 truck tires for about $4000. And that's supposed to be a deal!

Its really going to depend on if you go through a company your leased to, or are buying them yourself. If your a true independent and can't buy through anyone, I would join one of the many discount programs. Try to get national account pricing. I see those prices at the TA, etc. and I am shocked at how much higher they are than what I pay through my company's program. Same with fuel by the way, just paid $3.92 and the sign says $4.19! The worst I ever saw was CT at the TA, there was a 60 cent per gallon difference in our price and the pump price!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread