Most At Home Workers Don't Wanna Return To Office.

Uncle Birchy

As the pace of COVID-19 vaccinations accelerates and states loosen restrictions, employers have slowly begun calling their employees back to the workplace, with the pace expected to pick up sharply over the next few months. But what might have been a hopeful sign that life is returning to normalcy has instead become a source of friction as some workers push back. They are fearful of getting infected, worried about how to care for kids still learning remotely and resisting going back to the 9-to-5 in-office grind after tasting the flexibility of working from home

They are resisting the fact that they would have to start hiding the fact that they are wasting time most of the day.

Lots of brokers are working from home and it is a disaster anytime something actually goes wrong out here.

People need to get back to their offices and start doing their jobs properly.

They are resisting the fact that they would have to start hiding the fact that they are wasting time most of the day.

Lots of brokers are working from home and it is a disaster anytime something actually goes wrong out here.

People need to get back to their offices and start doing their jobs properly.
Welp some companies have found it advantageous not to lease property and parking lots.

Plus other associated costs like trash collection and Security etc.

So there are benefits both ways.

Welp some companies have found it advantageous not to lease property and parking lots.

Plus other associated costs like trash collection and Security etc.

So there are benefits both ways.
Benefits to overhead, but the jobs are not being done as efficiently.

It becomes painfully obvious out here as soon as something goes wrong with a load because it takes forever to get something resolved.

You call. You get the person answering the phones. They have to ultimately email the actual broker. Once the broker gets around to seeing the email, they have to email their contact who is also working from home. When that person gets back from taking their kids to the park, they read their email and proceed to email the shipper.

If you are lucky, all the contacts might get made before the end of the day.

At this point, if I show up for a load and there is a problem, if they can’t solve it within 15 minutes, I drop the load and move on.

I say let some companies put effort into getting their office workers back to the office, while other companies explore ways to enforce efficiency for the ones who stay home.

They can easily compare their productivity to the ones who go back to the office.

With ALL of them at home, there's no one to compare them to.

This country does need jobs people can work from home.

Gas is only going to get more expensive. Roads are going to get more congested.

With the cost of living only going up up up, if some people can save money on gas and child care, good for them.

People with no work ethic don’t magically get it if you have to go to an office.

The best thing I could do with jobs I wanted done is find my laziest subordinate.

They will find the fastest and quickest way to get shit done to finish screwing off.

With the cost of living only going up up up, if some people can save money on gas and child care, good for them.

If I'm paying someone for 8-10 hours of work, I don't want them taking care of their child at the same time. I want them focused on the job.

Unless I can pay them a lower salary, knowing I am not getting 100% of their attention. but since that won't be accepted, I'm not paying them to watch a kid.

If I'm paying someone for 8-10 hours of work, I don't want them taking care of their child at the same time. I want them focused on the job.

Unless I can pay them a lower salary, knowing I am not getting 100% of their attention. but since that won't be accepted, I'm not paying them to watch a kid.
you are SO politically incorrect

Well maybe they'll accept that if they live kinda far from the office. It can be proposed that their lower salary will be offset by not having to commute and burn gas & put miles on their cars. And their car insurance companies will give them a lower rate when they tell them their daily commute is zero miles. And not having to pay for child care.

But no. That's assuming they're capable of having a rational thought.

Most likely they'll have a hissy fit and accuse you of being an evil greedy monster who tortures children and puppies in your spare time. And you touched her boob in 1984. And half the country will believe it and your office building will be set on fire by the cult.

Well maybe they'll accept that if they live kinda far from the office. It can be proposed that their lower salary will be offset by not having to commute and burn gas & put miles on their cars. And their car insurance companies will give them a lower rate when they tell them their daily commute is zero miles. And not having to pay for child care.

But no. That's assuming they're capable of having a rational thought.

Most likely they'll have a hissy fit and accuse their employers of being evil greedy monsters who torture children and puppies in their spare time. And half the country will believe it and your office building will be set on fire by the cult.

Minimum wage is going to $15 and beyond, and it will be expected to be paid, even if the worker is at home raising their kids at the same time. No thanks. I'm the type of boss that when I see you don't have anything to do, I find another project for you. Even if it's mop rain.

Minimum wage is going to $15 and beyond, and it will be expected to be paid, even if the worker is at home raising their kids at the same time. No thanks. I'm the type of boss that when I see you don't have anything to do, I find another project for you. Even if it's mop rain.
There are also savings you can realize.

No Office space and related expenses.

You don't have to have taco tuesdays or casual fridays either.

There are also ways to spy on them many corporations use

I'm just brutally honest. If I am running a business, in a day and age where profit margins are slim, and corporate taxes are potentially increasing, I need productivity.
careful you are going to have some bullshit group claiming you are racist and pretty soon you will have crosses burned in your front lawn, fireworks shot at your house, and some dumbass group claiming rights to your house and everything else that you own as reparations for your great-great-great-grandads past lifestyle ans the congressional watchdogs look on to make sure you give them everything they want without raising your voice and causing some protester/rioter/terrorist long term emotional distress for which you will then be required to pay for his/her/its care by a group of expensive scocial workers for the rest of his/hers/its life and don't forget that will include their extended families
so is it worth asking him/her/it to actually do some light work for the money you will be paying them?

There is a trucking company on the other side of the warehouse, Their main office is upfront and since last year they have all been working from home.
I doubt the company would want to maintain that massive office space costs. The trucking company is still pretty busy, as busy as it was before all this pandemic. So the office workers must be doing a good job working from home.

They do have a program that can monitor people working from home. It looks for keystrokes and clicks to tell if a worker is actually working.
But then there is always this to make keystrokes.

I had a couple years I actually spent all my time at home. It really showed the state of drivers to me. Is there a lack of drivers? I don’t think so. But there sure as hell is a shortage of quality drivers.

And that can honestly be expanded to quality employees too.

Some of that goes back to people actually feeling undervalued and taken for granted and such from employers.

0E0D5169-5DEE-4289-8612-4909705F6E0B.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread