Hammer goes to the Dark Side...

Nope, just an old fashioned signal stat 900. The self canceling are an option.
Well shit my truck is almost a Western Star!

What moron of an engineer decided that self-canceling turn signals were a good idea in a truck?
Yeah they suck donkey balls! I got them in the Volvo and if I remember right the old Ford Louisville and Sterling had them circa 1998-1999 something like that.

Like everyone else has said, they end up canceling before your turn is complete and the last thing you need when making a turn is having to futz around with the damned blinker.

Do NOT use turn signals under ANY circumstances and when you pass someone get in the hammer lane and turn on your brights. When you get your cab past theirs hit em with the load lights till they back out of it and do the right thing.

If you ain't first you're last. That's what my trainer Rajesh told me.

How'd you manage that?
Just driving down the road on a windy day and got popped by the bow wave of a bullhauler going the other way
I like how the sliding section survived.
Likely caused it. Positive/negative/positive wind pressure flexed the glass and the added mass of the slider was too much.

When the wind popped me I was like "dayum! Blowing gravel out of the median..." and then the light bulb goes on that it isn't gravel 🤬😡🤬😡🤬

Just driving down the road on a windy day and got popped by the bow wave of a bullhauler going the other way

I hate meeting other trucks on two lanes when the wind is blowing like crazy. Aero trucks are no big deal, a hood can rattle your bones.

Or break windows, LOL

I hate meeting other trucks on two lanes when the wind is blowing like crazy. Aero trucks are no big deal, a hood can rattle your bones.

Or break windows, LOL
It was actually on the interstate. We were both in the left lane (at a spot where the median was narrower than normal for Nebraska,) and the wind was fierce on my left front quarter, my top speed was about 65 on flat ground.

I ain't understanding the physics here.

I know wind and turbulence can rock the hell outta you. I had a hell of a lot of fun trying to pass trucks on the motorcycle last summer when it was windy as **** but shatter windows?

Not plain glass windows like on a house but toughened auto glass?

I dunno...

I'm thinking some solid object hit it. Like something blew off the bull rack?

:dunno:

I ain't understanding the physics here.

I know wind and turbulence can rock the hell outta you. I had a hell of a lot of fun trying to pass trucks on the motorcycle last summer when it was windy as **** but shatter windows?

Not plain glass windows like on a house but toughened auto glass?

I dunno...

I'm thinking some solid object hit it. Like something blew off the bull rack?

:dunno:
Nothing in the vehicle, no damage around the perimeter.

The couple times it's happened to me, it dumps glass both ways, too. There was a much in the bed as there was in the back seat. I always figured the rebound is what gets it. The pop flexes it in, and when it rebounds its in that brief lull and the momentum just does its thing. Then the wind hits again and carries a bunch inside.

Remember most back glass is tempered not laminated. It only takes a tiny failure to start the cascade of fractures.

Nothing in the vehicle, no damage around the perimeter.

The couple times it's happened to me, it dumps glass both ways, too. There was a much in the bed as there was in the back seat. I always figured the rebound is what gets it. The pop flexes it in, and when it rebounds its in that brief lull and the momentum just does its thing. Then the wind hits again and carries a bunch inside.

Remember most back glass is tempered not laminated. It only takes a tiny failure to start the cascade of fractures.
Well....

Reminds me of the time I told my friend Eric to shoot his Daisy BB gun at the rear window of my 1979 Dodge truck, thinking it would just bounce off.

Just one pump. We'd shot each other plenty of times with up to 4 pumps. Never broke the skin.

****in' shattered that rear window like it was a brick. 🙄

Middle of winter too. I had to get out there and cut plexiglass. 😒

Well....

Reminds me of the time I told my friend Eric to shoot his Daisy BB gun at the rear window of my 1979 Dodge truck, thinking it would just bounce off.

Just one pump. We'd shot each other plenty of times with up to 4 pumps. Never broke the skin.

****in' shattered that rear window like it was a brick. 🙄

Middle of winter too. I had to get out there and cut plexiglass. 😒
I wonder about you sometimes a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread