Hammer goes to the Dark Side...

I'm in a spare truck for a month or two. Traded mine early to get a bit more for it, and my new one isn't ready until May.

And I get to deal with this crap :
View attachment 79240

That's a prior repair at the top, where he backed into the tongue and cut the pigtail. It has a proprietary plug on the trailer end, so I got to spend the last two hours splicing a new cord to the proprietary plug. Nobody takes care of anything anymore. You don't even want me to start on the condition of the winches and straps. 🤬🤬🤬🤬
You drive a parking lot, right? For some reason, I thought you owned that thing.

I lease, and keep them 3 years, then trade them before the metal fatigue starts. Dealer is begging for trucks and we had an empty truck that couldn't be turned in, so I'm renting it for a couple months.
The entire rig or just the power unit?

Does the metal fatigue you're talking about have to do with the vehicles loaded on the rear bouncing up and down on their own suspension?

When big heavy things like SUVs are only secured with wheel straps instead of frame hooks, it seems like they bounce around for no reason. I don't like to follow too closely behind them.

The entire rig or just the power unit?

Does the metal fatigue you're talking about have to do with the vehicles loaded on the rear bouncing up and down on their own suspension?

When big heavy things like SUVs are only secured with wheel straps instead of frame hooks, it seems like they bounce around for no reason. I don't like to follow too closely behind them.
I would think it's actually less stress when they're strapped. The same forces are being induced, but some of the energy is lost as their suspension moves.

The metal fatigue is from the load cycles, both bouncing down the road and loading. They use amazingly thin tubing on these things, and it starts to show after a few years. You end up welding on them all the dang time, and it doesn't take long for the downtime to add up to big money.

What moron of an engineer decided that self-canceling turn signals were a good idea in a truck?
I had a debate about this on YouTube with someone who couldn't grasp the idea that it's not something a real driver wants.

The first buttonhook is gonna **** you off and confuse everyone around you.

One of my bad habits is canceling my turn signals too early. I don't need them canceling for me.

Beeping turn signals on Volvo make me want to throw puppies in a river though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread