Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

How she do with the new bushings in the back end?

Any difference?
I haven't done bushings yet. I'm not convinced it really needs them.

The only truck I've ever had parts fall off of was a '79 Dodge.

I had to stop and pick up my tailgate once. And another time it's battery tray came loose and the battery hit the radiator fan.
Had that problem on a '72 GMC once

Had starters fall off, carburetors come apart...

4" suspension lift did all that. Never underestimate vibration

He didn't want it to fall off like the old one.
Serious answer is it didn't have one when I bought it. It was a foot pump but no reservoir and clogged lines. Now it's an OEM electric off a later LTL. Like a 92 or something. I put a button on the dash under my work lights/camera toggle. I didn't want to mess with the perfectly functional wiper knob for now.

20201104_163406.jpg

The 1" impact is for suspension bolts and lug nuts and anything else I need it for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does having two different colors of lighting not screw with your eyes?

I think it adds a nice effect to your picture but I had to put all "daylight" (5500k) bulbs in my shop. It was messing with my eyes.
Not with the overhead one being functionally useless with the halogens on. It looks brighter in photos than it really is.

Thought I'd go the extra mile here for a little bit and clean up some hardware. You'll notice the count is short. I'm putting them on as they get finished. Without a large, fast refilling compressor it's slow going.

20201121_212014.jpg

Since the trailer leg was hollow, I made an end cap and drilled a hole in it for the shaft.

20201122_232028.jpg

Since the shaft was smaller than the leg, I set it by welding through the holes that used to be for the sand shoe retaining pin then smoothing them down.

20201122_232106.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread