Time for a rant

No I don't grind gears,I hit in-between the gears. When I hit the gear it goes in. Although that might be a way to take out my anger on the truck ! Hahaha My back is hurting like hell now. I just got out of it,going home.
After spending yesterday driving an 89 with Hendrickson pad suspension about 400 miles (empty) and spending 8 hours in a shop working on it, my 62 year old back doesn't want to hear about yours.

Suck it up buttercup.

Last edited:
After spending yesterday driving an 89 with Hendrickson pad suspension about 400 miles (empty) and spending 8 hours in a shop working on it, my 62 year old back doesn't want to heat about yours.

Suck it up buttercup.
That sucks,but you have to remember this is tanker. No baffles so it sloshes like crazy. It was a little over half loaded so the whole time it was sloshing. Don't get me wrong,what you dealt with was worse. That being said,it still doesn't mean that getting slammed by 48,000lbs for 4 hours isnt a tough time. The set forward axle trucks and suspensions on paccar trucks take it alot better.

That sucks,but you have to remember this is tanker. No baffles so it sloshes like crazy. It was a little over half loaded so the whole time it was sloshing. Don't get me wrong,what you dealt with was worse. That being said,it still doesn't mean that getting slammed by 48,000lbs for 4 hours isnt a tough time. The set forward axle trucks and suspensions on paccar trucks take it alot better.
Aren't you like 14? Your bones are basically still rubber.

I mean I know some of this shit rides like crap but you should be able to take anything for just 4 hours.
4 hours down,4 hours back. I also have scholiosis and other issues. There's a guy who's been doing this along time. The roads we use are also rough farm roads and then interstates. VA won't fix some of these roads. I've also been moving house this whole week so I'm worn from that.

Why are you in a truck then? That ain't good for it at all.
Because it doesn't normally bother me UNLESS it's a half loaded tanker and that particular truck. The Peterbilt I don't feel it near as much. International also doesn't understand that a seat shouldn't be at a 90 degree angle. That particular trailer also had alot of overhang so the 5th wheel was all the way back. The whole time it was back and fourth and back and fourth. Speed was going up and down the whole ride also because of the slosh. It wore my old man out too even with the glide.

@Trucker186 , we don't start out trying to pick on you and I believe most of us think it's great that you have an interest in trucking. Just maybe approach it as if you are learning more than teaching and you'll probably gain some respect.
I'm just complaining about a truck. Not trying to teach anything sir.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread