Hello from Texas

Doc

I just thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm a wannabe from TX. I'm currently looking at Roehl and Schneider for my 1 year or two.

I've always wanted to give driving a try. I could have did it when I got out the Navy in 2001, but was talked out of it.

My dream route would be from Charlotte, NC to Houston, TX, but I'll take anything really that will get me time in Charlotte, NC to see my little boy. I'll probably move there after driving for a year or so.

You all take it easy and drive safe!!!

Welcome to the forum.

How close are you to starting driving? have you attended a school, or just looking into the career at this point?

I would suggest going thru an independent school. When you go thru a company school, you're on the hook to them and you're milage rate will probably be lock in for that time. My school payments are $180 a month. That's less than 2 cents a mile. When I went thru school last January, I spoke to Schneider and they said I could go thru their school. The deal was that I'd be under contract at 28 cents for 18 months. Once I hit my 90 days, I went to JB Hunt at 37 cents. On 10k miles a month, that a differance of $900. Over 15 months, thats over $13,000. That a lot of money to give up just to have the company train you. I am not a support of company schools. Financially, it's a bad deal.

I haven't looked into private schools yet. I'm still looking. I would like to be in school within three months. I'll see how it goes. I've heard many a things about JB Hunt. How is it?

I have no complaints. I've always looking at other companies but i haven't found anything that twould make me leave JB. I left a review of JB in the Trucking Company Reviews.

I know Schneider does/ or did have a program where you done your schooling with them. I don't know if they still do but several years ago they did. JB Hunt is a pretty good company from what I understand but Roehl is the DREAM company. Every driver I know around here wants to work for Roehl!

Welcome JD:welcome:..Just watch out for the crazy folks around here..Oh wait, that's just about everybody...lol........Especially ^^^...haha...Now I'm not naming no names...hahahaha...

J.D. Lamb from Edgewood, TX. here...... I was an over the road driver for 15 years, including National Guard Service (64C or 88M). Health problems took me off the road and out of the cab in 2001 and man I sure do miss driving.
J.D. Lamb's Page - Make-A-Statement Project

View attachment 9223
3D Flags - Pictures, clip art, and animated flags of the world

Welcome to the forum man.

Welcome to the forums Doc

DOH !!!! Doc was from back in July '07. I guess better late than never huh?

So JD should expect his welcome from yopu , oh say, approx Nov 2011.
View attachment 9223

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread