You wanna go how fast????

not sure about the rest of the manufacturers, but Freightliner has reversed course a bit with the DT12 having a .78 overdrive gear.
Probably because of how tall their rears are these days and having 12 gears to play with. And these megas not caring if it takes two days to get from 0-60.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably because of how tall their rears are these days and having 12 hears to play with. And these megas not caring if it takes two days to get from 0-60.

Never understood the race to reach highway speed. My truck can do it, and probably break things in the process if I push it. That said, loaded trucks accelerate faster than me when I am empty.

People complain about the autoshifts taking off slowly, yet they seem to take off faster than everyone else.

Never understood the race to reach highway speed. My truck can do it, and probably break things in the process if I push it. That said, loaded trucks accelerate faster than me when I am empty.

People complain about the autoshifts taking off slowly, yet they seem to take off faster than everyone else.
Depends what you're doing. I didn't care as much when they sent me on two long runs. Get on the highway and settle in for a couple hundred miles at a time.

But when you're constantly on and off the interstate for the short hops you just want the damned thing to scoot.

**** it i'll just go all the way :rolleyes: :D :cool::p

Recent studies have shown that jet and rocket powered trucks have a tendency to catch their trailers on fire.

In fact, they're considering making it illegal to pull flammable or explosive hazmat with them.

Some of em you can count to 5 before it'll wanna go after a light changes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread