New To Trucking Need Help; Trying To Switch Companies

ZDTrucker

I'm still relatively new to trucking and was wondering if some of y'all could help me.

My year with my company is almost over and I'm trying to get into McLane since it'll be more local. I'm trying to see what my chances are from where I stand right now.

I have had two minor collisions that were reported to my company since I started trucking. There were no points added to my license but I would like to know how long they stay on the company's record? I don't know if I should wait a year since my last collision to switch companies or just do it a bit after my year is over.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Collisions will follow you for a while.

Companies ask for accidents going back 5 years, tickets for 3.

Employment is checker 10 years, and whatever is on your employment record will likely show up on an employment verification.

That said, you simply need to approach the new company with this information up front and proceed from there.

I'm still relatively new to trucking and was wondering if some of y'all could help me.

My year with my company is almost over and I'm trying to get into McLane since it'll be more local. I'm trying to see what my chances are from where I stand right now.

I have had two minor collisions that were reported to my company since I started trucking. There were no points added to my license but I would like to know how long they stay on the company's record? I don't know if I should wait a year since my last collision to switch companies or just do it a bit after my year is over.

It won't hurt to contact the new company to see how they feel about your record. Don't burn your bridges with where you're at now, no matter what! You may need to stay put in order to put some time in from your accidents with a clean record.

What ya need to do is "Stick" it "Out" at a CRAPPY JOB for atleast a year even better 2 years ...

No "Major" Tickets and keep your Accidents to basic Property Damage hence "Non-Reportable"..

For starters ya need "EXPIRIENCE" so Insurance can give a company their "blessing" about you...

Secondly judging by your post ya got ALOT to LEARN so just TOUGH IT OUT for now..

The "Reward" is once ya got "EXPIRIENCE" , Good MVR, and Clean Pee why in afew years your JOB SEARCH shall consists of 10/15 phone calls and actually complete maybe 4/5 job applications and your phone be RINGING off the hook n you'll be in Orientation Class somewheres next week..

Until then just stay put and LEARN

Collisions will follow you for a while.

Companies ask for accidents going back 5 years, tickets for 3.

Employment is checker 10 years, and whatever is on your employment record will likely show up on an employment verification.

That said, you simply need to approach the new company with this information up front and proceed from there.
Even like simple Property Damage like pulling off a trailer door or cracking a mirror on a lightpost while non "Law-Enforcement" worthy follows on a DAC Report..

Yet despite my DAC Report my MVR is 100% Clean..

Even add in some Personal Confrontations with Management Staff and a False Accusations of Sexual Harrasment...

Despite that I can use my "EXPIRIENCE" and get a Job next week without even hardly TRYING..

Even like simple Property Damage like pulling off a trailer door or cracking a mirror on a lightpost while non "Law-Enforcement" worthy follows on a DAC Report..

Yet despite my DAC Report my MVR is 100% Clean..

Even add in some Personal Confrontations with Management Staff and a False Accusations of Sexual Harrasment...

Despite that I can use my "EXPIRIENCE" and get a Job next week without even hardly TRYING..
That Sexual "Harrasment" goes back to a Dispatcher..

Whenever I come by the yard she'd say hi n always smile sometimes give me a hug..

She'd always be so nice n sweet on a Bail-Out cover me job even though I was on my break..

One weekend ran Completely outta hours at the yard doing a reset and she was out back having a smoke..

I mentioned I'm stuck here after ya punch out would ya like to go get some dinner and show me around I'm new here..

Gosh she's "Married" has 3 kids..

By all the Hugs and Sweet Talk just got all the WRONG SIGNALS..

Still worked there although when I left they Tagged my "DAC" Sexual Harrasment

That Sexual "Harrasment" goes back to a Dispatcher..

Whenever I come by the yard she'd say hi n always smile sometimes give me a hug..

She'd always be so nice n sweet on a Bail-Out cover me job even though I was on my break..

One weekend ran Completely outta hours at the yard doing a reset and she was out back having a smoke..

I mentioned I'm stuck here after ya punch out would ya like to go get some dinner and show me around I'm new here..

Gosh she's "Married" has 3 kids..

By all the Hugs and Sweet Talk just got all the WRONG SIGNALS..

Still worked there although when I left they Tagged my "DAC" Sexual Harrasment
It sounds like she is a ****.
All she had to say was no thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread