2020 resolutions, anybody want to share?

Mike

Yeah. I know. Many resolutions will be to not make anymore resolutions, or resolutions are stupid and I don’t do them.

Now that we got all that out of the way, I’ll start.
  1. Renew my relationship with God. I’ve kind of become my own man this past year, and have been reminded that I cannot do it on my own. Wasn’t meant to do it on my own.
  2. Health. I posted about this in another thread, and while I have been improving my eating, I decided that I would start seriously tracking things at the beginning of the year. Enjoyed some junk food and a couple beers yesterday to get it out of my system. Now time to get serious. I will be tracking this online here at the forum.
  3. Focus on the trucking business and on the forum, as they kind of go hand in hand these days. I’ve already posted my plans for operating the truck, as for the forum, I want to schedule time on a regular basis for creating discussion topics in order to really build traffic this year.

Yeah. I know. Many resolutions will be to not make anymore resolutions, or resolutions are stupid and I don’t do them.

1. Renew my relationship with God. I’ve kind of become my own man this past year, and have been reminded that I cannot do it on my own. Wasn’t meant to do it on my own.
  2. Health. I posted about this in another thread, and while I have been improving my eating, I decided that I would start seriously tracking things at the beginning of the year. Enjoyed some junk food and a couple beers yesterday to get it out of my system. Now time to get serious. I will be tracking this online here at the forum.
  3. Focus on the trucking business and on the forum, as they kind of go hand in hand these days. I’ve already posted my plans for operating the truck, as for the forum, I want to schedule time on a regular basis for creating discussion topics in order to really build traffic this year.
Good list...you inspired me to do the same. In fact, change three to a sharper focus on truck sales and I think I'm just going to go with your list...I can't really improve on it.
In order to make it more personal, I'll add:
4. Music. Take on new challenges on my guitar to enhance my range as a player (I play in bands on the weekend...been a pro/semi-pro player since the late '80s).

I'll start the diet thing after this weekend (my b-day celebration...although I don't find them to be very festive these days).

Renew my relationship with God. I’ve kind of become my own man this past year, and have been reminded that I cannot do it on my own. Wasn’t meant to do it on my own.
Very admirable of you..

Such humble acknowledgement "our" own
weakness from a position such as yours takes a lot of gumption that's for sure.

You will be blessed that's for sure.

Best regards for 2020 and beyond to all.

Mine are somewhat the same....
  1. Renew my beliefs. I'm more Spiritual and need to revisit and live by my beliefs to become a better person.
  2. Get back on the road and follow the therapist's orders.
  3. Surround myself with people that are true friends and lose the ones that aren't. I think I'm gonna be lonely.
I've learned a lot about myself and the people around me, over the last couple months and need to make a big change in my lifestyle.

My resolution will be to try to not lose my temper so fast. Note I said so fast.

Well,.. That didn't last long. I lost my shit today. I may have called a driver ****-off and or **** you asshole!
He threatened to call my company.
Go ahead and call my company **** stick!:thefinger: 3 days into the new year.:oops:

I was listening to a Virginia radio station this morning and the one DJ thought the other was saying "a wreck" when he said the US government is telling everyone to leave Iraq immediately.

She goes "wait. you mean they're recommending everyone hit and run? Leave a wreck? That's illegal!"

This year, for me, is all about my wife. She's responsible for a lot of changes in me over the last few months. She told me a few nights ago that I'm unrecognizable from just a year ago (in a good way). Only took 14 years :rolleyes-80: Better late than never I guess. She will never see this post, so I'm not being an a** kisser. She is the greatest human being I've ever known, and it's time to pay her back for her selfless loyalty. My resolution is to be a better husband. I just spent 8 days on a boat with her and her entire immediate family and it was the best time of my life. That wouldn't have been my opinion a short while back before I realized how selfish I've been. And @SueAnn I love #3 on your list. Did that about a year ago, it's a game changer. It isn't as lonely as you'd think. It's pretty freeing. Here's to a new year, y'all. Hope it's a good one for all of us.

Last edited:
This year, for me, is all about my wife. She's responsible for a lot of changes in me over the last few months. She told me a few nights ago that I'm unrecognizable from just a year ago (in a good way). Only took 14 years :rolleyes-80: Better late than never I guess. She will never see this post, so I'm not being an a** kisser. She is the greatest human being I've ever known, and it's time to pay her back for her selfless loyalty. My resolution is to be a better husband. I just spent 8 days on a boat with her and her entire immediate family and it was the best time of my life. That wouldn't have been my opinion a short while back before I realized how selfish I've been. And @SueAnn I love #3 on your list. Did that about a year ago, it's a game changer. It isn't as lonely as you'd think. It's pretty freeing. Here's to a new year, y'all. Hope it's a good one for all of us.

Men get derelict cars to fix up. Women get derelict men to fix up.

Your wife is a lucky lady. It's nice to hear a husband saying so many nice things about his wife. :x3:
Mine is going to be hard for a few reasons. But it needs to be done and will be very freeing when I'm free of them.
Happy New Year to you too! :cheers:

Your wife is a lucky lady. It's nice to hear a husband saying so many nice things about his wife. :x3:
Mine is going to be hard for a few reasons. But it needs to be done and will be very freeing when I'm free of them.
Happy New Year to you too! :cheers:
I hope it goes well. Ripping off a bandaid sucks. But as you said, it's necessary. Welcome to cancer free life. It rocks 😊

Ripping off Band-Aids when they are placed on a area full of hair hurts even more.

Reading some of these posts, y'all sure don't have very high opinions of yourselves.
How are you going to love others if you don't love yourself first?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread