Where is Mike? Where is he going? Don't ask him, he's probably lost.

Assuming a crappy fleet trailer has those rubber bumpers.

Anyhow, I totally disagree. Those bumpers are for bumping a dock, and not at the speed that some of these folks slam into docks. The latter is how I got hit. I literally lost it.

It would have been fine. I went to his truck, expressed my irritation about it. he pops off about me being perfect or something. it escalates from there. I walk back to my truck, and he ends up out of his truck running his mouth.
"being perfect" cuz you don't hit other trucks when you park! :rolllaugh2:

Did you tell him about the tail swing episode?
You 2 prolly woulda got along better iffin he didn't feel so inferior to you and this woulda helped alleviate (that's right) his anxiety.

"being perfect" cuz you don't hit other trucks when you park! :rolllaugh2:

Did you tell him about the tail swing episode?
You 2 prolly woulda got along better iffin he didn't feel so inferior to you and this woulda helped alleviate (that's right) his anxiety.
You're the only one who remembers that.
Do you keep a journal on us or something?

Not tonight. I defended my trailer's honor.

I swear, people have totally forgotten how to drive. Since when is backing until you hit the trailer behind you considered normal? I literally see people defending this on Facebook like it is expected.

I need about a month off to reset my anger management issues.
Depends on the decals.

:toothpick:

Well, Monday almost turned into a disaster.

Check in to deliver load. Sent to warehouse across the street to unload, which was exactly where I was suppose to reload this afternoon.

Check in to unload. Let them know I am reloading as well.

Where you going? Champaign.

No your not, that load is cancelled.

Seconds later, Uber sends me a text that my load is cancelled. I was currently delivering a Convoy load, so they didn’t know I was there yet.

I tell them I am already there. They ask me if I can please leave and they will pay me TONU. $200, and now left scrambling for a last second load.

Convoy sends a notification on yet another load coming from the same place. I did the load last week, bid th I same amount, some cheap ass outbid me by $75.

Luckily, another load pops up to KC. Showing $850, as it was a last minute spot load. Bid $900 and win it.

Not bad. I was going to do a 289 mile load for $735 and deliver in Champaign tomorrow morning.

Now, with the TONU, I will get $1100 for the day, still unload at the same time. Only negative is the market might be a little cheaper and lighter in KC.

Here I go diving off into the rabbit hole.

KC area delivery in the morning making it a bit tougher to find good rates, so like every other level headed trucker out there. I dove off even deeper into no mans land by taking a load to Oklahoma City.

$1200 for 465 miles. Next day delivery again.

From there, I will need luck to get a good paying load into a decent area. The market will be pushing me hard toward Texas, while I will be fighting hard to swim upstream.

Christmas vacation is over tomorrow. Loading up for Fort Atkinson, WI. tomorrow afternoon, then reload on Monday for Phoenix.

Working through New Years, but will be shutting down somewhere very early on New Years Eve, as I would suggest everyone do. I’ll be bringing in the New Year with the family via FaceTime.

150 today.

The plan was for an additional 200 or so, to make for a nice short day tomorrow.

But, the shipper (75 miles from my house) loaded me early, and loaded me quickly, and this stubborn truck forced its way back to the house from there and informed me that we would be leaving bright and early from here tomorrow morning.

I had no choice but to listen.

Stay the **** out of here

Every thing is coated with ice in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
I’m here now, and it’s in the 50’s, lol. Gonna be colder tomorrow and snowing at some point, but shouldn’t be too bad by the time I get out of town.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread