Trucking News: A small act of kindness made a huge difference

Robert Wilson

A small act of kindness made a huge difference for dozens of truckers away from their families on Thanksgiving.

Image may contain: text

Image may contain: indoor

A group in Maine went above and beyond to make truckers feel appreciated when they were out on the road for the Thanksgiving holiday.
It’s all part of a tradition called “Trucksgiving” that has been going on for several years in Maine. During Trucksgiving, members make their way to a local truck stop to deliver a care package and an appreciative note to drivers spending their holiday on the road.

Great. :cautious:

There's crippled kids, cancer kids, orphans, homeless veterans, abandoned elderly people in nursing homes, etc. All kinds of people who could use a little charity, and some idiot directs a bunch of kids to donate to truck drivers who are obviously employed and therefore don't need it.

I dunno...

Maybe the story can be twisted and presented as a "driver wages haven't kept up with inflation" narrative to help counter the bullshit spewed out by the ATA. :dunno:

Great. :cautious:

There's crippled kids, cancer kids, orphans, homeless veterans, abandoned elderly people in nursing homes, etc. All kinds of people who could use a little charity, and some idiot directs a bunch of kids to donate to truck drivers who are obviously employed and therefore don't need it.

I dunno...

Maybe the story can be twisted and presented as a "driver wages haven't kept up with inflation" narrative to help counter the bullshit spewed out by the ATA. :dunno:
Agreed,
Here they are trying to let us feel the holiday season though we are running over the road (regardless of holidays). They tried their way to express the appreciation. Maybe the packages they give is not loaded with pricy gifts (such as electronic gadgets etc.) but the love and happiness they share is the main thing being counted here.

But the kids had to WANT to do it. I doubt anyone held a gun to their heads. I'm grateful for being able to spend the holidays with what family I have left.

But the kids had to WANT to do it. I doubt anyone held a gun to their heads. I'm grateful for being able to spend the holidays with what family I have left.
I dunno when I was a kid I was forced to give to charities. Literally. You can't say no when you're a kid and the teacher/preacher/parents are telling you to do it.

I'm not donating to truckers anymore than I'm donating to CEOs.

We're doing jobs we chose. It's not a hardship in the real sense of the word. Not like soldiers getting shot at or kids in homeless shelters or abused women running scared.

Agreed,
Here they are trying to let us feel the holiday season though we are running over the road (regardless of holidays). They tried their way to express the appreciation. Maybe the packages they give is not loaded with pricy gifts (such as electronic gadgets etc.) but the love and happiness they share is the main thing being counted here.
There are always going to be complainers. Company throws a BBQ drivers complain. Company doesn't even throw a BBQ, drivers complain.

One company that I worked for and all they ever did was make money. That company passed out a folded photocopied piece of paper to look like a Christmas card, I was thankful that they even took the time time to photocopy 700 pieces of paper. They didn't HAVE to even do that.

Here we have unrelated parties passing out goodies out of pocket and out of the goodness of their hearts and giving their time and yet people will still complain.

There are always going to be complainers. Company throws a BBQ drivers complain. Company doesn't even throw a BBQ, drivers complain.

One company that I worked for and all they ever did was make money. That company passed out a folded photocopied piece of paper to look like a Christmas card, I was thankful that they even took the time time to photocopy 700 pieces of paper. They didn't HAVE to even do that.

Here we have unrelated parties passing out goodies out of pocket and out of the goodness of their hearts and giving their time and yet people will still complain.
My burger was slightly undercooked at the last driver appreciation thing.

It was horrible. If my 401k was already vested I'd have thrown them the keys and quit right then.

My burger was slightly undercooked at the last driver appreciation thing.

It was horrible. If my 401k was already vested I'd have thrown them the keys and quit right then.
Your tummy did a great job with undercooked food! Better not to let it to reach into the mind and heart, and should keep doing (I think even better way than you do) with what you are doing. LOL!! This is the story of life. Do good, be happy. That's all :):panic::cheers:

One of the companies that I worked for had a Potluck Christmas party.
Potluck? Should I start cooking in my 12v lunch box oven as I head to the yard?

In fairness they did say drivers on the road didn't have to bring anything.
But seriously, What kind of bore goes to a pot luck empty handed and eats?

Well in the broad spectrum of things, The Driver appreciation BBQ was never intended to be attended by actual drivers.
It is really only for the office staff, while the drivers are on the road.
So a few office staff members catches E-coli and maybe V.D. :dunno:
Haha yeah I was being snarky but nobody ever tells us about them. We just happen to stop in and it's going on so they have to give us something otherwise it's awkward.

WTF kinda appreciation day is bring a dish anyways. Lol. A Christmas party is supposed to be one kind of appreciation fest after all. Otherwise why have it.

I wouldn't go though. I don't want anything to do with work outside of work.

I've always wondered what the hell a potluck was. I always figured it's some Irish thing with 4 leaf clovers and leprechaun fights.

I wouldn't go though. I don't want anything to do with work outside of work.

I couldn't agree more. Though I work for the best company that I have ever worked for, they threw a shindig for customers and some drivers with an open bar. It was in a hotel and we all had rooms on the company dime. This was no dumpy Motel 6, it was a resort. One guy started getting hammered and then badmouthing some of the customers and the people that he worked for. Note, I said worked.

On my time, I don't associate with business associates.

I couldn't agree more. Though I work for the best company that I have ever worked for, they threw a shindig for customers and some drivers with an open bar. It was in a hotel and we all had rooms on the company dime. This was no dumpy Motel 6, it was a resort. One guy started getting hammered and then badmouthing some of the customers and the people that he worked for. Note, I said worked.

On my time, I don't associate with business associates.
Yeah I'd probably bad mouth the company I work for in front of the customers.

And all the check in chicks would find out I hit on every last one of 'em and I'd stop getting my sweet drop next to your pickup parking assignment special treatment.

It like when you accidentally get all your bitches together and suddenly they realize you're not always working late.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread