Prepare yourself for maximum rage, anger and fury

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
At this stupid web article. 🤬

“Flashing high beams tells the truck driver that the back of his trailer is safely past the vehicle that he is passing."

:gun3:

Bob-The-Douche-Bag, is more fitting a name for that driving school drop out.

I don't even look out to my mirrors anymore when I pass another truck. I wait until I'm about 1/4 mile in front of them before I even attempt to look. And thank God I have my windows blacked out.
If I pass your 62 mph company truck doing 70+, what makes you think I need you to tell me when I can go to the right lane, if I even do? That right lane is generally all torn up, full of ruts and missing asphalt. I ride the middle unless a faster truck wants to pass me, then I know he's coming and move to the right.

Back when, we used to put 'eyelids' over the top of our headlights so as not to blind other drivers. And when another truck did pass you, it was courtesy to shut the headlights OFF, until the passing vehicle began to return to the lane in front of you.

These morons today have to have the brightest LED headlights and fog (fag) lights too. Not sure how many of you guys come to Floriduh, but we have what we call Hialeah Specials, here. These are the gay Hispanic steering wheel holders from Cuba and Puerto Rico. They re-engineer the headlight system to use all 4 headlights for both High and Low beam.

When you go by them and your mirrors are set to see straight down the lane next to you, you are blinded for the next 2 minutes. I've asked FDOT about it and they say there are so many of them now that it's out of hand. I said that every Vehicle Safety Inspection decal on every one of these trucks is fraudulent. The real answer is, most of the diesel bears in Floriduh are related to these spic maggots and they won't do a thing about it.

We used to pull into a truck stop and just about idle down the driveway with our headlights off. Today you need 8 lights on and they head for the fuel island wide open. Even coming into a scale they have every light in the house on. And for some reason, the sign says MAINTAIN 45 MPH, these dropouts slow to 15 mph and everyone had to line up on the scales, empty or not. Hit those weight sensors at 45 mph and even at 79,500, you'll be greenlighted out the driveway.

Okay, I'm done for the moment. Three more years to retirement. I can't wait. :soapbox:

I don't even look out to my mirrors anymore when I pass another truck. I wait until I'm about 1/4 mile in front of them before I even attempt to look. And thank God I have my windows blacked out.
If I pass your 62 mph company truck doing 70+, what makes you think I need you to tell me when I can go to the right lane, if I even do? That right lane is generally all torn up, full of ruts and missing asphalt. I ride the middle unless a faster truck wants to pass me, then I know he's coming and move to the right.

Back when, we used to put 'eyelids' over the top of our headlights so as not to blind other drivers. And when another truck did pass you, it was courtesy to shut the headlights OFF, until the passing vehicle began to return to the lane in front of you.

These morons today have to have the brightest LED headlights and fog (fag) lights too. Not sure how many of you guys come to Floriduh, but we have what we call Hialeah Specials, here. These are the gay Hispanic steering wheel holders from Cuba and Puerto Rico. They re-engineer the headlight system to use all 4 headlights for both High and Low beam.

When you go by them and your mirrors are set to see straight down the lane next to you, you are blinded for the next 2 minutes. I've asked FDOT about it and they say there are so many of them now that it's out of hand. I said that every Vehicle Safety Inspection decal on every one of these trucks is fraudulent. The real answer is, most of the diesel bears in Floriduh are related to these spic maggots and they won't do a thing about it.

We used to pull into a truck stop and just about idle down the driveway with our headlights off. Today you need 8 lights on and they head for the fuel island wide open. Even coming into a scale they have every light in the house on. And for some reason, the sign says MAINTAIN 45 MPH, these dropouts slow to 15 mph and everyone had to line up on the scales, empty or not. Hit those weight sensors at 45 mph and even at 79,500, you'll be greenlighted out the driveway.

Okay, I'm done for the moment. Three more years to retirement. I can't wait. :soapbox:
A lot of newer trucks have the ECM programmed to have the headlights on if it's in motion. There's no way to dim the headlights.

Testify Brother!

Faster in the parking lot than on the approach to scale.

A lot of newer trucks have the ECM programmed to have the headlights on if it's in motion. There's no way to dim the headlights.

It's the BCM (body control module) that has to be accessed for lighting controls. Either way, that also controls the voltage to the lights. Canadian trucks are mandated by the MoT to have the DRL option on at all times. There are no states that I am aware of that have that requirement.

If you can't shut your lights off, then simply do nothing at all. It is the a-holes that have to have the illegal lights that bother my old eyes. These douche weeds need to be strapped in a chair in front of the lights with their eyelids propped open until the retina burns out of the eyeball. JMHO!

If you can't shut your lights off, then simply do nothing at all. It is the a-holes that have to have the illegal lights that bother my old eyes. These douche weeds need to be strapped in a chair in front of the lights with their eyelids propped open until the retina burns out of the eyeball. JMHO!
So... what you're saying Mr. NewGuy, is you want to relitigate an old argument here that's been argued ad nauseum by everyone.

Great. Just what we need. Givin' the ol' expired equine another thrashin'.

:deadhorse:

It's the BCM (body control module) that has to be accessed for lighting controls. Either way, that also controls the voltage to the lights. Canadian trucks are mandated by the MoT to have the DRL option on at all times. There are no states that I am aware of that have that requirement.
You are correct!
They can be dimmed to day time running lights or even be shut off momentarily for passing.
Unfortunately most are too ****ing stupid to know how this feature works and end up flashing their high beams.
I wonder if any company drivers actually read the owners manual while at the dock for hours on end? Probably NOT.
They need to retitle the manual to owners/ drivers manual.

'Bout time we busted his spirit, ain't it?

:confused-96:

Ain't gonna happen iron jacka$$. My Dad (Sgt Mjr) tried, the Corps tried, my first wife tried, even trucking tried. I always bounce back, look at them all and say :thefinger:

However the FMCSA has a pretty good shot at it. On my first day of retirement, I'm a gonna roll me up a Cheech and Chong special and tell the whole trucking world what they can do with it.

Then I'm going to win the lottery, order up the most handsome large car I can, dig a hole in the front yard, bury the b***h, cut the roof off and plant flowers in it. Nice green with red hairy sticky buds.

Do you really think I went back 10 years on this forum to see what has been posted? :headscratch2: I have some sorta life ya know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread