Help With A Novel

Vettenarian

I am re-writing a novel about three sisters, one of which is a trucker. What I need is the issues that wear down a trucker in their day-to-day life, especially women truckers. I did some driving as a mechanic 25 years ago but I'm sure things on the road have changed a great deal since then. I'm trying to make the introduction to this woman's life to be accurate, anything I can't stand is people who write or movies that are phony.

Loneliness- time to think- time to reflect- not knowing your protagonist it's difficult to determine issues- it can be boring- hours and hours of boredom interrupted by stark moments of terror- abuse by shippers and receivers and dispatchers if working for a company-

I am re-writing a novel about three sisters, one of which is a trucker. What I need is the issues that wear down a trucker in their day-to-day life, especially women truckers. I did some driving as a mechanic 25 years ago but I'm sure things on the road have changed a great deal since then. I'm trying to make the introduction to this woman's life to be accurate, anything I can't stand is people who write or movies that are phony.
I am not a trucker.....however have a question....you state your doing a rewrite of your novel.....have you already placed a copywrite on this novel..??? Where do you plan to publish your work.??

I am not a trucker.....however have a question....you state your doing a rewrite of your novel.....have you already placed a copywrite on this novel..??? Where do you plan to publish your work.??

The original is and the re-write will be as well. The original was done back in the early days of ebooks and is quite awful if I must say so myself. So I am re-doing it along with Grammarly's help. The eBook versions will be on Amazon, Apple, B&N and a few others. The print version will be available on Amazon. I don't want to post any links or the names of it because I don't want to start off in the forums on the wrong foot.

Loneliness- time to think- time to reflect- not knowing your protagonist it's difficult to determine issues

For one she isn't afraid to haul freight that comes from less than legal sources. She's never been married, not a wild child, just a hardworking woman trying to make it on her own.

For one she isn't afraid to haul freight that comes from less than legal sources. She's never been married, not a wild child, just a hardworking woman trying to make it on her own.
She needs a good sense of humor and not be afraid of confrontation to ward off the cassanova's she will encounter-

Hello. My name is Nakeya. I'm a female trucker of 2 years, going on three. 23 years young. never married. owner operator and freight agent. For starters, we are always undermined. At truckstops, shippers, men give crazy or belittling stares. You may hear "you sure you know how to drive that thing?" ten times a day. or "is someone with you?" "do you need help with that?". You always get weird stares from people who see you behind the wheel. They point and make the "ooohhh" face with their mouths in the shape of an "O". Men pay for you showers then ask if they can join. lot lizard knock on the cab door waking you up at night thinking you are a man, upon realizing you're a women they ask "is michelle in there?" as though they were looking for someone and knocked on the wrong truck. Yard drivers knock on the cab door to let you know a dock is ready and say "wow i didnt expect you to come from out of there! if i would have known a woman was in this truck i would have gotten you loaded sooner" Men always want to help open doors or cut off locks and seals. warehouse workers want to know if you really drive trucks and how it motivates them to want to drive. Hope that helps!

Loneliness- time to think- time to reflect- not knowing your protagonist it's difficult to determine issues- it can be boring- hours and hours of boredom interrupted by stark moments of terror- abuse by shippers and receivers and dispatchers if working for a company-
I hear ya!
The time to think and think and self evaluate and re-evaluate..........
Segregation, Isolation.

My friend says she hates that she can't just wizz on an off ramp like we boys can.

So there's that.

Alright, another writer... you want some insight into the world of trucking, check the links I just posted in my introductory thread, LOL. I'm new to this site but not to trucking, 10-4? 'Bout time others started telling it like it really is, rather than perpetuating the stereotypical Hollywood bull$h!t image of truck drivers as evil psychopaths out to murder the American Motoring Public, LOL. :biggun:

Alright, another writer... you want some insight into the world of trucking, check the links I just posted in my introductory thread, LOL. I'm new to this site but not to trucking, 10-4? 'Bout time others started telling it like it really is, rather than perpetuating the stereotypical Hollywood bull$h!t image of truck drivers as evil psychopaths out to murder the American Motoring Public, LOL. :biggun:

Where’s the fun in that?

Somehow, this thread reminds me of a delivery I made in Gloucester City, NJ, not far from that Camden sh!thole... I arrived in front of the receiver's "warehouse" at zero-dark-f#%ng-thirty, still pitch black outside and nowhere to take a crap, so I walked to the middle of whatever narrow two-laned blacktop highway runs through that freakin' ghetto, hunkered down and took a ginormous sh!t right on the center line. Had a roll of paper towels in one hand, a big ol' claw hammer in the other (for any crackerheads who interrupted me). If a donut boy... er, I mean cop had cruised up at that moment, I would've been cited for sure, possibly even carted off to the local hoosegow. Dunno why, since the huge steaming turd actually improved the appearance of that GC ghetto... thing was curled up like the "Alien" on the center line, steam rolling off it like smoke from a 5-alarm fire. I'm fairly confident that this Guinness World Record Turd brightened the morning drive of countless GC residents and workers... hey, it was the LEAST I could do, I'm still cut up for NOT receiving a COMMENDATION from the mayor, perhaps a plaque or framed award for "CIVIC IMPROVEMENT." Meh, truck driving is a THANKLESS JOB... :stare1:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread