Why are the tits longer on a dry van in the receptacle?

View attachment 48087
Stopped in at Traction and got new ends. He said he’d give me a couple universal ones that will work in dry vans AND flatbeds. Sure enough they fit in the van receptacle just fine. Switch it out soon I guess

Who knew they made flatbed only cord ends? :coocoo:
Dude I got a whole truckload of universal blinker fluid I can sell you real cheap next time you're in the Chicago area. It's universal so it works in both Kenworth AND Peterbilt.

I can give you a 55 gallon barrel of it for $75 or a 40 gallon for $80. Let me know.

Dude I got a whole truckload of universal blinker fluid I can sell you real cheap next time you're in the Chicago area. It's universal so it works in both Kenworth AND Peterbilt.

I can give you a 55 gallon barrel of it for $75 or a 40 gallon for $80. Let me know.
Oooh sell him a metric crescent wrench while your at it!

or just replace the entire assembly in 5 minutes and be done with it.

With actual molded and sealed ends of better quality.
$170 for a new assembly. That’s not happening

I did order new fittings to change out the air lines going from the truck to the headache rack, they like to leak when it’s cold

You never answered- what’s a CSA score?

I'm trying to figure out if you're serious with that question or deserving of an actual face palm.
I’m serious. You guys use too many shortforms

CSA CVSA FMCSA FMVSS

I’m 95% sure we, as drivers, have a PSP score for the USA, I don’t know if the carrier with the DOT MC # will have a CVSA score from inspections

You said “don’t **** with my CSA score”

So what is it?

How much time are you wasting chasing parts? How soon before you'll have to redoing the repair? Doing the actual repairs?
30 minutes at Traction chatting with the guys, 10 minutes to change out a cord end

It’s been on there almost two years now, it’s technically still good for flatbed. Just not gonna work for a van

I don’t know why they didn’t sell me a universal one last time

I’m serious. You guys use too many shortforms

CSA CVSA FMCSA FMVSS

I’m 95% sure we, as drivers, have a PSP score for the USA, I don’t know if the carrier with the DOT MC # will have a CVSA score from inspections

You said “don’t **** with my CSA score”

So what is it?
What ever jurisdiction you are operating in you will be subject to those agencies and their regulations and scores.

Just the same as anyone operating in Ontario will have a CVOR no matter where they are domiciled.

What ever jurisdiction you are operating in you will be subject to those agencies and their regulations and scores.

Just the same as anyone operating in Ontario will have a CVOR no matter where they are domiciled.
Ok, but I’m pretty sure drivers have a PSP score for in the states. I think the CVSA score is for the companies

Maybe I’ll google this stuff and see what I can find out

Doubt it matters other than morbid curiosity unless you wanted to work for someone over there
Ok let’s see if I got this right-

A USA motor carrier has a CSA score that the FMCSA uses a point system to determine the carriers compliance with CVSA, HOS and FMVSS. This CSA score is attached to the carriers DOT MC#. If the carriers drivers don’t comply with HOS CVSA and FMVSS the CSA score goes up ASAP

Similar to our CVOR receiving CVOR points except a WHOLE lot less acronyms

Yup just what I thought. Green death
Of course got the wrong receptacle had to run back to Traction to get one with screws

That first plug needs a shave.

Bet'cha that's the problem. You weren't originally sold a flatbed plug. You were sold a universal plug. It became a flatbed plug over the last two years.

When I had my own truck, I replaced ends rather than the entire cord. Cost/return on investment made the $7 and 10 minutes to remove/replace the end worth it.

How much time are you wasting chasing parts? How soon before you'll have to redoing the repair? Doing the actual repairs?
Heck for $170 I'm rewiring my own too. I ain't worth no $362 an hour.

I did something similar with an oil cooler line for my SUV. OE spec is aluminum ends crimped onto the hose. The crimps have a high failure rate. So I lopped 'em off, filed 'em down smooth, and clamped bulk hose over top the bare ends. Superior fix for less than 1/5 the cost.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had my own truck, I replaced ends rather than the entire cord. Cost/return on investment made the $7 and 10 minutes to remove/replace the end worth it.
internal corrosion of the wire never made it worthwhile for me.

just replaced the ends again in less than a year.

Risk of a CSA impact wasn't justifiable. Flashing lights like that are nothing but a bat signal for DOT to mess with you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread