Why are the tits longer on a dry van in the receptacle?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
I think this is God’s way of saying stay away from dry van or reefer. Dispatch called me four times this morning begging me to cover a dry van run.

But I can’t even hook up my light cord properly the tits are too long in the receptacle.

Way too ****ing cold to **** with it I rigged it enough to get the lights on. They flicker like a bad ground but good enough.

Who comes up with this ****ing shit anyway, works fine for two years in flatbeds no problems

****ing vans are the devil

Then someone tell me what the problem is. Can’t tell me my spare light cord plugs right in yet my regular one won’t

Like I say two other guys looked at it, too. They the ones told me to check the length with a screwdriver, like pictured

****ing vans

Then someone tell me what the problem is. Can’t tell me my spare light cord plugs right in yet my regular one won’t

Like I say two other guys looked at it, too. They the ones told me to check the length with a screwdriver, like pictured

****ing vans
I would wager to guess that the cord and receptacle are two different brands. And they figured the latching receptacle cover would hold the other brand on good enough for the length difference to make it work. Also is there a large age difference? I know some time ago I worked on a truck from the 40s the cord he had wouldn’t plug into a modern trailer. I wired in a new grote trailer chord and problem solved.

I would wager to guess that the cord and receptacle are two different brands. And they figured the latching receptacle cover would hold the other brand on good enough for the length difference to make it work. Also is there a large age difference? I know some time ago I worked on a truck from the 40s the cord he had wouldn’t plug into a modern trailer. I wired in a new grote trailer chord and problem solved.
****ed if I know. My light cord plug is less than 2 years old

Philips j560 to a philips j560B

**** the “b” means I don’t know

Duct tape and zip ties and we rolling

Dry vans are ****ed

It's SAE J560 design standards.

They're the dope dealers for Phillips, truckmate and Grote for their Acapulco gold

When you get stopped see if there isn’t a broken off chunk of old plug end stuck in there.
The valve stem core tool in the original post went in the same distance on all 7 pins

The Tectrans spare light cord plugged in no issues, but I couldn’t unplug my main cord from the truck

****ing cold weather always ****s with equipment

The valve stem core tool in the original post went in the same distance on all 7 pins

The Tectrans spare light cord plugged in no issues, but I couldn’t unplug my main cord from the truck

*ing cold weather always *s with equipment
There's male prongs inside the trailer socket that go into female receptacles in the cord plug. Like bullet connectors.

So there's no solid object stuck in one of those female parts as r3gulator3 suggested... Maybe the edge of the brass tube the prongs go into, is partially collapsed, bent inward enough to keep the prong out, but not so much the tire stem tool won't fit.

You'll need to look into the holes in the light cord plug to see if any of them are damaged.

I`ve ran into that problem with some reefers and dry vans
I carry a 12 inch piece of wire and wire it around the pigtail when I push it in all the way if I have too
my problem is fixed for that run,and the lights don`t flicker
some times my electrical plugin works fine and some times it don`t
I figure it is the different plugin receptacles on the trailer

you pull a real trailer like a dry van long enough you get the hang of it

sometimes those sharp turns we have to make MAY cause the male plugins to bend so the lights flicker,thats when I break out my wire

I`ve ran into that problem with some reefers and dry vans
I carry a 12 inch piece of wire and wire it around the pigtail when I push it in all the way if I have too
my problem is fixed for that run,and the lights don`t flicker
some times my electrical plugin works fine and some times it don`t
I figure it is the different plugin receptacles on the trailer

you pull a real trailer like a dry van long enough you get the hang of it

sometimes those sharp turns we have to make MAY cause the male plugins to bend so the lights flicker,thats when I break out my wire
The pins inside the trailer socket are split in half.

When you get bad connections that make the lights flicker, 90% of the time you can solve the problem with a knife or a sharp flathead screwdriver. Jam it between the two halves of those prongs and bend them slightly apart.

Not too far apart or you won't be able to plug it in. It takes a bit of trial and error but spreading them apart like a 1/32" makes for a better connection.

That, and a little dab of dielectric grease on the prongs.

The pins inside the trailer socket are split in half.

When you get bad connections that make the lights flicker, 90% of the time you can solve the problem with a knife or a sharp flathead screwdriver. Jam it between the two halves of those prongs and bend them slightly apart.

Not too far apart or you won't be able to plug it in. It takes a bit of trial and error but spreading them apart like a 1/32" makes for a better connection.

That, and a little dab of dielectric grease on the prongs.
You DEFINITELY have to be delicate at that procedure. I learned that the hard way once.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread