• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc

Tazz

Infidel
Truckers Swift and Knight Combine in a Deal Valued Over $5B

As part of the deal, announced Monday, each Swift share would be converted into 0.72 share of the new entity through a reverse stock split. Knight shares would be exchanged one-for-one. Swift shareholders would own 54% of the new company, with Knight holders owning the rest.

The Wall Street Journal had reported the deal overnight.

The new group is to be named Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc.

So which one was in trouble? For now that say both brands will be run seperate but I see that going away as stock holders see dual yards, shops, etc etc eating profit.

Truckers Swift and Knight Combine in a Deal Valued Over $5B

As part of the deal, announced Monday, each Swift share would be converted into 0.72 share of the new entity through a reverse stock split. Knight shares would be exchanged one-for-one. Swift shareholders would own 54% of the new company, with Knight holders owning the rest.

The Wall Street Journal had reported the deal overnight.

The new group is to be named Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc.

So which one was in trouble? For now that say both brands will be run seperate but I see that going away as stock holders see dual yards, shops, etc etc eating profit.
i'd almost say Swift. only as a guess, i am basing that on nothing but speculation.

Shakes head... it don't look like the Swifties are on top in this little fiasco.
It just means Swift has made more shares available in relation to company value than Knight has. I've seen a 25% gain in the value of my Swift stock since I bought it.

What this merger does is cut Jerry Moyes back to a minority holder unless he jumps onto some Knight stock. When Swift stock was offered, he retained majority interest in the company.

Next year or so is going to be ...challenging.

Next year or so is going to be ...challenging.

No kiddin'!

Look at the corporate structure... Knight's team (Kevin Knight CEO) has all of the top positions. Jerry Moyes is being shunted aside. In a couple of years the Swift side of things will be completely gone.

Look at the Heartland-Gordon merger as an example.

Were looking at the race to be the largest mega carrier. Not sure what the thought process was for these companies, or if someone was in trouble, but Schneider seems to be pursuing the same sort of angle. The IPO was, outside of paying debt, is geared toward aggressive acquisitions.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread