Is J.B. Hunt A Good Company?

3plus3

This sounds like a really good company to work for does any one have any problems with them?

response to any problems

This sounds like a really good company to work for does any one have any problems with them?
an answer to your question...
i was with j.b. for 6 months and i found that my fleet manager was very good at what she did...on the s.e. regional i averaged 2000 to 2500 miles a week solo...now the problem...the night , and weekend shifts are some of the most ignorant and impromptu bunch of autistic people that ever walked the face of the earth...whenever i asked a question or multiple questions these people couldn't or wouldn't answer them without my getting so pissed at them that i threatened to quit and take the load all the way back to birmingham,al.(my home)...they would and have made me wait for loads or preplans for up to 39 hours, without layover pay...my fleet manager straightened this out...i got very pissed one night that i sent a survey to j.b.'s corporate offices about the second shift commending them on their work with the autistic community...
make sure that if you go to work for these people that you have a good fleet manager. and that if you know that your going to have driving time left after your drop that you get another preplan for your next load ahead of time...i have recieved as many as 3 preplans ahead of time to assure i was covered so i wouldn't have to deal with the second shift...good luck,they are a good company once you learn the ropes...

The same question can be asked of other LARGE Companies and the responses will be Good and Bad.
There is NO Company that is worse than any other. You should know this from the non Trucking sector.
It all depends upon YOUR Attitude and Perseverance and YOUR willingness to go that "extra mile", of course good compensation is a direct compliance factor.

I Hope You Succeed In Whatever You Do or Are Doing!!:pics:

I ran a dedicated account out of Suffolk,VA (Target) for just over a year and really had no major problems with them. They got me home on time every time (1 time late and 1 early) benefits were good and the Fleet Managers on my account were great to work with. The only problem I had was light miles and 2 weeks out (I wanted to be home more).

Equipment I found was generally good and well maintained. It seems that most of the problems I heard of were mainly in the OTR division.

I applied to try to return to JB recently but like most other large trucking companies it seems that they pretty much have a hiring freeze going on right now.

They have to be the worst

I was an over the road driver with JB Hunt. I was hired as 36 cents per mile. Well, when I received my first check they said no it should have been 34 cents. Well, due to the economy I accepted this amount. I have over 20 years experience with no tickets nor accidents. After being there over 6 months they increased my pay to 36 cents then a month after that all _ _ _ _ broke loose. They decided that they no longer wanted over the road truck driver jobs so they changed my title. Then they reduced everyone's pay, my pay reduced to 32 cents per mile. The problem with this is I was still being an over the road driver but not the same pay. They used to pay extra pay for short runs well they dropped that. Can they legally do this without notifying us just did it? The problem is no one complained just accepted this. Well I didn't so I quit. This is the type of management needs to stop what they do or the drivers need a Union or they wouldn't been able to do what they do.

I was an over the road driver with JB Hunt. I was hired as 36 cents per mile. Well, when I received my first check they said no it should have been 34 cents. Well, due to the economy I accepted this amount. I have over 20 years experience with no tickets nor accidents. After being there over 6 months they increased my pay to 36 cents then a month after that all _ _ _ _ broke loose. They decided that they no longer wanted over the road truck driver jobs so they changed my title. Then they reduced everyone's pay, my pay reduced to 32 cents per mile. The problem with this is I was still being an over the road driver but not the same pay. They used to pay extra pay for short runs well they dropped that. Can they legally do this without notifying us just did it? The problem is no one complained just accepted this. Well I didn't so I quit. This is the type of management needs to stop what they do or the drivers need a Union or they wouldn't been able to do what they do.
You know i've heard NOTHING but bad things about this company and to think once upon a time I was going to drive for them,thank god they have a no pet policy.That's why I decided not to drive for them.My dog is my co pilot.Wherever I go she goes.Unfortunately big companies can do anything they darn well please.Why do you think so many companies have lawsuits pending from other drivers.

i worked for wierner,everything they told me was a lie. they said no truck over 3 years old. mine was 6. they said southeast regional i stayed in california. they said 36 cents i got 28. they said 18 out 3 off i stayed out 2 months with 3 days off. my truck had no apu and no working heater and i did west coat in the winter and they never fixed it. so EVERYONE OF THEM LIE!!!not just jb hunt

i worked for wierner,everything they told me was a lie. they said no truck over 3 years old. mine was 6. they said southeast regional i stayed in california. they said 36 cents i got 28. they said 18 out 3 off i stayed out 2 months with 3 days off. my truck had no apu and no working heater and i did west coat in the winter and they never fixed it. so EVERYONE OF THEM LIE!!!not just jb hunt

What does all your heartburn have to do with j.b.hUNT? I dont know how they are now, although I drove for them over 20 years ago. Now that I think back, all the problems that I encountered were invented by me. Could that be what happened with you and Werner, that you are attempting to also pin on Hunt? Easy to make assumptions, but if you have not worked for them then you cannot accuse them of anything until you do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread