House meeting today..

Well I don't care what anybody says..we have been heard..
All it takes for evil to prevail is a good man do NOTHING!

maybe

Dont count on anything till you see it signed,sealed and inorder.
Some thing in this report does disturb me,
We use to haul out of the ports,
The ships are not American, nor the product.
But that's just my opion,
I would also wonder When ,and how long till these reports are made reality.
The clock is ticking for many of us.
And at this point words are just that words.
action speaks louder then words.

We use to all out of the ports,
Weeeellll...do you think even a meeting would be held if truckers just took it like sheep?? Its something..and it shows we have been heard..Now the outcome is a whole different basket..

maybe

Weeeellll...do you think even a meeting would be held if truckers just took it like sheep?? Its something..and it shows we have been heard..Now the outcome is a whole different basket..
we will see,It is an election year, And I belive that the large companies and driver's are sheep hearders and sheep,
Beliving we as indep. Would let them lead us was a large mistake on their part.
wolves run in packs,So we take our own path.
we still need to continue, to sit back and wait would be a big mistake.
How long are you willing to wait to see the outcome?
I'm not tring to out right disagree with you, Just feel we should not sit back and wait.
Do you agree?

Gotto answer you with another quote...
The squeeky wheel gets the grease...
Does this answer your question..I think we won a battle..a small battle..but neverless:cheers:

We use to haul out of the ports,

I pasted the bill below so we could all see it.
I would like to know what in it is disturbing to you as I have been trying to look at it from different angles trying to see how it could be manipulated to hurt us,
If anyone can see any way that anyone can do an endrun around somethiing in this bill pleas share it with us,lets not forget the fiasco congress made by putting the word establish in the bill meant to stop the cross border program with Mexico In General- Section 14102 of title 49, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
  • `(c) Disclosure and Pass Through to Cost Bearer- A motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder, providing or arranging truckload transportation or service using fuel for which it does not bear the cost, shall provide to the person that bears the cost of such fuel--
    • `(1) a payment in an amount equal to the charges, invoiced or otherwise presented to the person directly responsible to the motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder, which relate to the cost of the fuel; and
    • `(2) at the time payment is made under paragraph (1), a written list that specifically identifies any freight charge, brokerage fee or commission, fuel surcharge or adjustment, and any other charges invoiced or otherwise presented to the person described in paragraph (1).'.
  • (b) Billing and Collection Practices- Section 13708(b) of title 49, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:
  • `(b) False or Misleading Information- No person may cause a motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder to present false or misleading information on a document or in an oral representation about the actual rate, charge, or allowance to any party to the transaction or transportation.'.

ok

I pasted the bill below so we could all see it.
I would like to know what in it is disturbing to you as I have been trying to look at it from different angles trying to see how it could be manipulated to hurt us,

If anyone can see any way that anyone can do an endrun around somethiing in this bill pleas share it with us,lets not forget the fiasco congress made by putting the word establish in the bill meant to stop the cross border program with Mexico In General- Section 14102 of title 49, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
  • `(c) Disclosure and Pass Through to Cost Bearer- A motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder, providing or arranging truckload transportation or service using fuel for which it does not bear the cost, shall provide to the person that bears the cost of such fuel--
    • `(1) a payment in an amount equal to the charges, invoiced or otherwise presented to the person directly responsible to the motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder, which relate to the cost of the fuel; and
    • `(2) at the time payment is made under paragraph (1), a written list that specifically identifies any freight charge, brokerage fee or commission, fuel surcharge or adjustment, and any other charges invoiced or otherwise presented to the person described in paragraph (1).'.
  • (b) Billing and Collection Practices- Section 13708(b) of title 49, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:
  • `(b) False or Misleading Information- No person may cause a motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder to present false or misleading information on a document or in an oral representation about the actual rate, charge, or allowance to any party to the transaction or transportation.'.

When?
How? as to prove it.
Oral does not stand in all States......................
It's a great start if it happens, but how do we enforce it?
Just asking Questions,

You have to give OOIDA much thanks for this as well. They pushed for this over the past 2-3 months, if you look in our trucking news section, there was a news feed about this quite some time back that got very little attention.

Now it is up to the drivers. The people responsible for passing or rejecting this are the people that you have the ability to vote for.

Make sure these people know how you feel about this, and how important it is to them being re-elected.

You have to give OOIDA much thanks for this as well. They pushed for this over the past 2-3 months, if you look in our trucking news section, there was a news feed about this quite some time back that got very little attention.

Now it is up to the drivers. The people responsible for passing or rejecting this are the people that you have the ability to vote for.

Make sure these people know how you feel about this, and how important it is to them being re-elected.
Very true..I actually watched Todd Spencer, executive vice president of the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association. He even took phone calls from drivers on tv..and a video was running in the background..it was the protest from Washington..many logos where flashed..
He did a fine job..very professional.

Great post IIronman.:tiphat: Thanks for the info, we damn sure need all we can get. I know it isn't much, but even a little hope is better than none at all. I too will believe it when it is enacted and enforced.

Phew ...listened to the whole thing..now I have a headache and I am out of cigarettes:banghead:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread